modules won't load automatically

I have redhat 5.2 and kernel 2.2.0pre6. My modules aren't loading as need
ed. My soundcard wouldn't work for a while but when I ran sndconfig it
started working. I now think that sndconfig manually loaded the module and
that is why it wouldn't work.

ncpfs wouldn't work until I ran "modprobe ncpfs.o", same with autofs.o and
I'm having problems with mounting vfat disks now (is there a modules
besides vfat.o and fat.o  that I need). What can I do so the kernel will
load and unload modules as needed?

Thanks,

Ben

Ben Luey
lueyb@carleton.edu
ICQ: 19144397

The great objective of social reform is to prevent a fundamental change in
class relations.   -- Eugene Genovese