Re: [TCLUG:3714] server SCSI error

Is it possible to do it this way ?
Boot off the 5.1 floppies or the 5.1 CD and then
during installation supply the 5.2 CD ?
After you are done installing 5.2 donot reboot the machine but
switch the virtual console by ALT-F2 which will take you to a shell.
From this shell install the upgrade from a floppy, you will
have to specify a different "root" to the rpm command though since
the root during install is not the "/".

Could this work ? Or I can help you build a set of install
images on floppy that could contain the upgrades which you could
use to do the install, if you think that including the upgraded
images will solve your problem. I have done this once before and
need to hack into my brain to remember any details. Let me know
if you want it done and I could send you more details.

You could also install the complete thing on a disk without any
problems, upgrade with patches and then disk copy the whole thing
to the scsi disk.
--
sandipan