Vanilla Clients Mailing List Archive

Re: [VANILLA-CLIENTS:216] can't edit color pixmaps

Buzard2245@aol.com wrote:

> So I figure I could rearange them to make different looking ships, right?
> Let's say the rom GA. Well, when I save the files it says on the netrek
> window "unable to read file pixmaps/rom/GA" or something like that. What's
> the problem?

Notepad is saving them as .txt files.  If you change your options in
Windows Explorer to not hide extentions you can see that.  By the way,
there are better tools outside of Notepad for editing pixmaps.  I'm
sure if you do a web search you can find one.

-Jeff (specter)