Clue Pickup Archive

[CLUE-PICKUP] Preseason NIT, 2/1/99

The Preseason NIT is continuing this week, with games scheduled for every
day.  The upcoming games include:

Monday 2/1: OT Practice; 5-minute games, 7 armies per planet, until we get
	    sick of it
Tuesday 2/2: Golden Bears vs. the World
Wednesday 2/3: World vs. World
Thursday 2/4: The Geriatric Wing vs. the World
Friday 2/5: World vs. World

All games start at 6:30 PM Pacific time, except Friday's, which starts at
6:00 PM Pacific.

Statistics are coming along.  Rudimentary stats are now available for the
last game, at <http://ls.berkeley.edu/~tom/results/1-29.html>; base stats
are broken, acc is probably inaccurate, and there are as yet no armies
bombed stats, but we're working on all of those.

We'll probably be generating stats in HTML, because I refuse to spend
time thinking about how to fit all these stats in 80 columns.  We will
be adding a number of stats to the existing PWstat output.  One that has
been added already is the idea of a game score separate from the planet
count.  The score is essentially just tpt+tpd for each team, and therefore
is equivalent to planet count, but it can provide more information about
a game than "11-8-1" does.

We hope to see you at the games tonight.
 -Tom