[VANILLA-L:523] Re: The server and parallel programming bugs

Yeah, I've been considering suggesting adding a semaphore or
two to control the shared memory segment. It will be slower than
the current approach but then the server is suffering on some
machines. Maybe 1 semaphore for controlling the message
structure in the shared memory since it is hit so much. 1 more
semaphore should be used to control the rest of the shared
memory structure.. If we're going to mess with the shared memory
segment we should do it properly so we don't have to worry this
anymore in the future.