[VANILLA-L:949] Re: [VANILLA-L:942] Re: metaserver.eu.netrek.org access?

Bob Tanner wrote:

> What would be nice is a Java version of the Metaserver. Then even
> Windows-weenies could run the Metaserver.

Uhm, I hope you didn't mean that seriously... You didn't put any
smileys in there, so I'm just checking.

On second thought, what _would_ be nice, is if the metaserver would
be an integral part of any pickup server, so you would just use your
favorite pickup server as metaserver. The servers just update eachother
with their status (sort-of usenet-like).

No more single point of failure.

Just a thought, Frank