Vanilla List Mailing List Archive

Off-topic (Quake, etc)

> Incidentally, this publicity is causing some serious hits on www.netrek.org.
> The log files are increasing in size dramatically, far faster than in the
> past.  Very good news.

So, I'm no code guru, but has it occurred to anyone to get the server/client
Quake code, add RSA, and set up a server and distribute some binary Quake
clients?

Might be good press: "Netrek gurus come to the rescue of PC-gamers..."

Not quite "open source", but really I was under the impression that they
released to code to show people how they did it, since the technology is
old enough not to hurt them (Id) competitively.

Bob Campbell                    Unix System Administrator
Scientific Computing Division   National Center for Atmospheric Research
rsc@ucar.edu                    (303) 497-1815