Vanilla List Mailing List Archive

Re: [VANILLA-LIST:2545] Test COW 3.00pl1 Red Hat Package

On Thu, 22 Jul 1999 you wrote:
>[Kurt, yesterday I wrote to you at 007@freemail.at and 007@netrek.org
>but both messages bounced.  mail.atnet.at said "We do not support
>relaying", both cases.  The COW CVS server was not pingable yesterday,

In fact both end up in the same mailbox. freemail.at is my personal UUCP
domain provided by atnet. I hope it was only a temporarly problem. I
get at least all the list mails to this adress.

>> Probably the /dev/audio stuff should be default, it works on all
>> systems.  Switching to KDE sound should be optional.
>
>Ah, right.  I shall see if I can get /dev/audio to work for me.

If you are able to cat soundfile.au >/dev/audio it will work. It's really
sound basics which is required here.

>> #ifdef SYSTEM_DEFAULTFILE [...]
>> for a system wide .xtrekrc file for quite a while. It's only not set
>> currently.  Where should it point to per default?
>
>/etc/netrekrc

Will set it to default for the next release.

>Currently my script invents an .xtrekrc file if one does not exist, so
>that it can point the client to sounds and pixmaps.  Ideally I should
>recompile the client to fix this, but I don't have the keys, and I'm not
>sure if we should create a new key just for this packaging.

There will be a new release before you start packing anyway, since we
have to release the Cambot replay stuff first.

After the Euro Netrek Gathering next week I have still 1 week holiday left,
so just tell me what you like to have in the client I'll do it :-)

Kurt (007)

--
Kurt Siegl / Franzberg 4, A-4483 Hargelsberg, Austria
Email: 007@netrek.org       Tel (ISDN):   *(7225)7017