Vanilla List Mailing List Archive

Bug? or incompetence.

Hey netrek programming people,

I did the cvs thing to get the latest snap shot of the Vanilla code.  It
builds fine and the netrekd program runs fine
but when I try to connect with a client it tells me:

Reading defaults file xtrekrc
Calling <my machine> on port 2592
Got connection.
Sorry, but you cannot play xtrek now.
Try again later.

What gives? did I fail to edit some file somewhere to allow connections?
Also while I am at it
I am trying to set up a NEWBIE server so that my friends and I can practice
without complete
wrecking a game somewhere else and I get this when I compile the robotd
stuff:

gcc -funroll-loops -finline-functions -O2 -g -DATM -DPING   -c main.c -o
main.o
main.c: In function `reaper':
main.c:498: warning: passing arg 1 of `wait3' from incompatible pointer type
gcc -funroll-loops -finline-functions -O2 -g -DATM -DPING   -c master.c -o
master.o
In file included from master.c:19:
data.h:77: `poll' redeclared as different kind of symbol
/usr/include/sys/poll.h:124: previous declaration of `poll'
master.c: In function `connect_master':
master.c:66: warning: passing arg 2 of `connect' from incompatible pointer
type
make: *** [master.o] Error 1

Has anyone recently compiled robotd?

I realize I am new (again) to this and I am probably asking a question that
is answered somewhere,
so just so you all know I have been reading the archives trying to find an
answer but as yet I have
had no luck.  Any help and patience will be greatly appreciated.

Michael