Vanilla List Mailing List Archive

Re: [VANILLA-LIST:3085] makedepend vs gcc -MMD

On Tue, Mar 28, 2000 at 03:11:43PM +1000, James Cameron wrote:
> I'd like to move away from makedepend and use gcc -MMD instead, as
> makedepend is X related and the server is mainly X free, except xsg.
>
> (Also installing on a box for someone else and they don't have X)
>
> Any thoughts?

 While your at it, the base practice code uses 'xon' to start a remote
robot.  That's something else I haven't had good luck with.

 Most of my Linux/FreeBSD installs have not included X stuff.  And I recall
even having problems with makedepend on Solaris, I think maybe it's called
makedep there or something.