[VANILLA-L:1468] Re: [VANILLA-L:1466] Re: [VANILLA-L:1457] Re: Discussion

On Tue, Feb 16, 1999 at 01:57:46PM -0500, Dave Ahn wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 15, 1999 at 10:34:44PM -0600, Steve Sheldon wrote:
> >
> >  I don't see why you would think the Berkeley license is more restrictive.
>
> I'm sorry, I meant 'less' restrictive.  The BSD license does not require
> changes to be made public.  This is one of the main reasons cited for the
> relatively small effort in the BSD arena (despite code maturity) compared
> to the explosion of Linux/GNU software.

That's a crock; perl has just as much of an explosion with copyleft, and
Apache's market share kicks ass over anything Linux or GNU can claim.

The relatively small effort in the BSD arena is due to the BSD arena
being populated by pig-headed idiots who value aesthetics over
functionality, like Dan Bernstein and Theo de Raadt.
 -Tom
+
++ Vanilla-l Mailing List ++