On Fri, Aug 29, 2003 at 12:57:15AM -0500, Tom Penney wrote:
> I've found myself writing a lot of html lately.

Our condolances.

> ... starting from scratch with a vim takes me forever and is not fun
> working with tables.

Build simple template files that you use to get started.  Why do scratch
each time?

> Things like changing the background color in one row of a table is a
> pain.

> Mozilla composer works great for tables but it messes up the formating
> of the file terribly.

Use tidy.

> [Mozilla composer] changes things automatically that I don't want
> changed.

Then change them back. ;-)

> I've been starting by first laying out my tables and stuff with the
> mozilla composer then doing everything else in vi. any suggestions?

BINGO!  You've found the answer!  Add tidy to your toolbox and start
playing with stylesheets.

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie at wookimus.net>           http://www.wookimus.net/