On Fri, 2003-08-29 at 09:59, Chris Frederick wrote:
> I highly recommend learning Regular Expresions.  I was getting pretty
> good with vim with web development, but like you said, sometimes working
> with tables by hand takes forever.  But now that I know Regular
> Expresions, I see tables for what they are, patterns.  And HTML is
> extremely "RegEx frendly", the whole language is nothing but patterns of
> tags.  For a real quick example, it only takes one command in vim to
> right align all the cells with numeric data in them
> (:s/<td>\(\d\+\)<\/td>/<td align=right>\1<\/td>/g).  If you're going to
> be making large changes with HTML, or other simalar files (XML is even
> easier yet), a good grasp on Regular Expresions is a HUGE help.

Thanks for all of your suggestions. I do need to learn more about
regex's (doesn't everybody). I've never used them within vi, I muddle
though them in perl enough you'd think they would be second nature by
now.

On Fri, 2003-08-29 at 07:38, The Wandering Dru wrote:
>   Mozilla's Composer can be told to "leave my code the hell
> alone!"  Check out the preferences.

I'll do that. It's maddening when the editor breaks your code. /I don't
what my "&" replaced with "&amp;"/

I'll give tidy a try, thanks! http://tidy.sourceforge.net/

--
Tom Penney <blots at visi.com>