Not to be a wet blanket, but most of those people being sucked into support
roles are sucked into a mostly or completely Microsoft environment.  Small
businesses typically have not been your *nix users for a number of reasons.
Originally Unix was costly, Microsoft was cheaper.  Microsoft was easier to
use.  Only recently has there been desktop ready for the average user a
cheap Unix variant (Linux).  You'd be better off helping them with their
Windows skills and teaching them how about the possibility of saving some
dough by using Open Office instead of office, on Windows.  Then later show
them some of the other things Open Source and Linux have going for them that
might allow them to save more money.

One thing to consider too.  How successful in these businesses will a
"switch" campaign be received or even useful to them if they already have
say an NT environment in place with exchange that runs acceptably, that they
are comfortable with and don't need to upgrade?

Your class might be better for people that don't have much invested in an
existing environment.  I don't see OS/Linux as a natural fit for these small
companies unless they just hire their adminning out, as a lot of them won't
have full time "IT" guys anyway.  The person likely to be stuck in this
support role is looking for the easiest way out, not necessarily the most
technically superior because he has "real" job duties too besides keeping
the computers running.

Ryan