Best reference I've found:
http://65.70.147.202:8080/gromitkc/dips/roster.html

Very handy when I have a massive pile of PCI modems of all kinds to sort
through...

It seem to be a 50/50 mix these days, many current "not UART" modems are
supported, just as many are not. Annoyingly they all seem to need kernel
patches, very few of them are non-binary drivers. Sad state of affairs.
At least modems are on the way out in the face of broadband anyway...
(give it another 10 years)

Anyone had good/bad experiences with PCI modems on Linux? I want to run
VOCP (http://VOCPsystem.com/) on an ISA-less box and I can't find any
mention of PCI modems that work well with it. I have piles and piles of
controllerless/soft modems but haven't turned up a plain old serial port
modem yet...