On Fri, 14 May 2004, Brian wrote:
> Cool, mind if I start bugging you off list a lot? :-)
>
> I'm just curious if what I'm trying to do will work.  From what I've
> read, a box will try to register itself as
> hostname.in-arpa.moreuselesscrap.arpa or something like that.  I want to
> make sure the box is registering with hostname.subdomain.myFQDN.com.
> As long as I set the hostname on the box, and set my doamin in the DHCP
> server, will it automagically register itself that way?

I'd recommend having the DHCP server do the DNS updates for you; then you
can tell it to do whatever policies you want.  :)

ddns-update-style-interim;
ignore client-updates;

see the dhcpd.conf for how to configure the keys and such; with the above
two lines, it'll take the hostname your client presents and add it to the
domain you've specified.