> One issue I've always wondered is if we could successfully do away with
> copyright, would the GPL be unenforceable? He says no, we could use
> other means to protect copyleft.
Not even rms wants to do away with copyright.  He believes that "functional"
works, such as dictionaries, encyclopedias, software manuals etc. should be
under a copyleft license that allows you to fix and update information.  He
does not believe that anyone should be able to modify creative expression
works that do not serve another purpose, such as artwork and pieces of music,
opinion-based writing, etc.