Personally, I enjoy programming in both Ruby and Perl.  I'm always
amazed at how my Ruby programs seem to magically just work while Perl
does *something* cool...but not always what I expected.

I've used Perl on my job on occasion. I once wrote a message-oriented
middleware system in Perl.  But Ruby seems to be the future. I haven't
used RoR extensively but I'd like to. I think Ruby and RoR would be
best on your resume.

Currently, part of my job involves using Groovy to do some mainframe
screen-scraping and text manipulation. Groovy is fun because it's like
Java (my usual language these days) but with all this crazy hotrod
stuff tacked on. However, it takes me a lot of debugging to get things
working - even worse than Perl.

Hope some of this helped.

-Brady