--- On Thu, 10/2/08, Brady Hegberg <bradyh at bitstream.net> wrote:

> Currently, part of my job involves using Groovy to do some
> mainframe
> screen-scraping and text manipulation. Groovy is fun
> because it's like
> Java (my usual language these days) but with all this crazy
> hotrod
> stuff tacked on. However, it takes me a lot of debugging to
> get things
> working - even worse than Perl.

Just out of curiosity how is groovy hard to debug?  I'm guessing ruby is easier to debug?  What tools do you generally use at debugging a groovy and/or ruby app?

I'm asking because I'm doing an independent study on the various web development frameworks and it sees like RoR is very similar to grails (which uses groovy).  Do you have any experience with grails?  Any information you can lend as far as the pro's/con's of grails/groovy would be great.

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide on this.