See my message and invitation to Richard Stallman below followed by his
reply after that.  (I'm more than happy to pay for Stallman's food/drinks,
etc. myself but would accept donations.)

So here's the big thing:  Stallman isn't saying that he won't meet with us
under other conditions, but he is saying that *promises* to meet with us
only if we change the name of TCLUG to Twin Cities GNU/Linux User Group
(TCGLUG?).  He wants the GNU in there!

What do you all think of that?  For me, to add GNU/ to the name of the
group is very appealing in every way except for one -- it is work.  I
would happily do some of the work.  You can read more about Stallman's
ideas here:

http://www.gnu.org/gnu/why-gnu-linux.html

There's more good stuff if you follow links on that page, specifically:

http://www.gnu.org/gnu/linux-and-gnu.html
http://www.gnu.org/gnu/gnu-linux-faq.html
http://www.gnu.org/gnu/gnu-users-never-heard-of-gnu.html

So let's discuss this idea and see where it leads.

Mike