We really need to credit Danial Webster for his dictionary, various mathematicians (Boole, et al) for logic and so on, as well as
Babbage, von Neumann, et al  if we are trying to be anywhere near complete.  I don't believe Stallman's work is nearly as
significant as von Neumann's or even that of Amazing Grace.

Picking a small set of gurus to credit is unlikely to be a fair or even an illustrative process unless the constutuent enabling
technologies are all listed.  Stallman's work is critically dependent upon von Neumann's in order to run and to have any portability
at all.  Similarly, foundation architecture for software was needed before unix or GNU could exist.  Stallman's work is significant,
but far from being due the lion's share of credit.

The name TCLUG is a KISS result.  Nobody would use or try to pronounce an acronym that had even 20% of the key contributors
included.  The acronym matters most for newbies who do not know of, or care about, the details of evolution because they are
struggling to get started and need a KISS mnemonic to recognize a starting point and locate help or resources.  GNU doesn't run
alone or have an ordered hieararchy, but Linux does run and does have a somewhat ordered hierarchy which can introduce one to GNU
rather quickly down the tree.

But if you really prefer a name like "zz,xm/al,xsdh'a ' xasioqwoqlsknlx'x"   that's OK for you to put on your resume and anoint with
beer or some other yellow fluid...  apple juice?     :-)

The KISS version of the name works for most folks...
    and was what was chosen first,
       and was chosen by folks who knew of Stallman (etc) when they chose.

Chuck