I apologize to anyone who was offended by my comment about RMS being a jackass (an independant and stubborn animal).  I am however disgusted and offended by his attempt at blackmail; an indefensible action.

p.daniels is  correct that this forum is not the appropriate place for name calling.  That is why I chose to continue discussion of my comment (and his personal attack against me), off-line.  I believe that this forum is not the appropriate place for personal conflict.  It seems that p.daniels does not agree.

This is a personal issue, an issue that he has now said should NOT be off-line.  If anyone questions whether this is a personal issue, I offer as evidence the following comments that did NOT invoke a personal attack from him:  "...Stallman is a conceited dinosaur...", "The conceit to insist that the TCLUG name be changed is extreme, unprofessional, and unforgivable.", "[His] Pettiness is
unattractive.", and "...you can go form the TC primadonnas Group.
You certainly match Richard Stallman in the ego department, but I haven't
seen anything to convince me that you are anywhere close to his abilities
and contribution to society.  As such, put the stones back in the pile;
you can also turn in the fake beards...".  I don't know where that last one came from, as I have never claimed  greatness in ANYTHING!

And then there is the comment about kissing my mother with "that mouth."  This comment caused me great sadness, as my mother passed away three weeks ago this coming Wednesday.  Of course he had no way of knowing that, but after informing him off-line, he refuses to show any regret or compassion. What a guy!

I guess that I am not allowed to have an opinion unless it agrees with his, and he has declared that the 1st amendment to the US Constitution only applies to those who agree with him.  And he says that I have low class!

I promise that I will no longer air personal laundry in this forum. No matter what p.daniels says.  I do reserve the right to have an opinion and to speak it!

God bless Richard Stallman, and thank you Richard for your tremendous contributions. Please drop the attitude though. You and your followers are not gods, not even royalty, and in a small number of cases, NOT nice people!