On Wed, 8 Oct 2008, Jeremy wrote:

>> Assuming the leadership will allow it, how hard is it to arrange a vote
>> by members on the name change?
>
> It's not so much an issue of 'allow'.  It's more a question of how can
> we do it in a reasonable and generally agreeable fashion.

OK.  Thanks, first, for all of the work you did on this email message.
I'll provide some of my answers to your questions:

> Here are the questions:
>
> 1)  Do we want to take a vote?

I think the answer is "yes" because there were many respondents in the
recent exchange and they were definitely on both sides of the issue.  I
think we should plan the vote and not vote on whether to vote!  ;-)

> 2)  what are the choices to be considered?

I will write something for my side.  I assume the other side is "keep
things as they are."

> 3)  for each choice that requires action to be taken, who is implementing the
> solution, and how?

I can do a lot of the work, but I don't have write permissions on the
files on your server (I don't even have an account), but I can grab the
files via wget and edit them and the owner can then get them from me.

> 4)  Shall we vote by replying to the list with a msg header that indicates the
> vote clearly,  or via some other method?

Maybe, but a different system would be better.  I'll look into that.
Maybe someone else has a scheme for doing this.

> 5)  Lastly, when is the deadline to begin voting (after which time the
> options should not be changed)?  And when do the polls close?

I think it should be open about 5 days, including some weekend days.
Most people who are going to vote will do so very soon.

Mike