>> 4)  Shall we vote by replying to the list with a msg header that
indicates the
>> vote clearly,  or via some other method?
>
> Maybe, but a different system would be better.  I'll look into that.
> Maybe someone else has a scheme for doing this.

The Google docs have a lot of really neat features. One thing you can do
with their spreadsheet docs is make a form that lists several columns like

Timestamp, name, email address, vote choice, ip, etc

Then you can post it as a web page form which is essentially a ballot. Then
send the URL to access the form to the list and everyone can fill in their
info and vote. Then share the entire document as read-only to the internet
at large so everyone can view the results as they come in and watch for
tampering or just simply watch the results in real time. It's actually a
fairly slick setup.

I still think the name change is unnecessary.