On Wed, Oct 08, 2008 at 11:13:03AM -0500, Sunny wrote:

> >> Maybe, but a different system would be better.  I'll look into that.
> >> Maybe someone else has a scheme for doing this.
> >
> > Please look back in the archives for the last vote we took.  Just have
> > a form e-mail with the options, and have everybody interested fill in
> > their choice and send it to the list.  Then, everybody can count the
> > votes with a few greps and sorts.
> >
> > Sorting through last e-mails on the topic, I found these options:
> >
> >   [ ] No change (Twin Cities Linux User Group) -> TCLUG
> >   [ ] Twin Cities GNU/Linux User Group -> TCLUG
> >   [ ] Twin Cities GNU/Linux User Group -> TCGLUG
> >
> > Are there any other options that we should consider?
>
> Or Google Docs Forms. Perfect for the case. I can set up one, if you want.

I meant any other options to the poll.

Why do you people suggest alternative voting systems when we have a
very good system in place?  Send in your ballot and everybody can see
it and count it.  How do you propose to insure that google docs does
not let somebody to stuff extra votes in or change existing votes?

Cheers,
florin

--
Bruce Schneier expects the Spanish Inquisition.
      http://geekz.co.uk/schneierfacts/fact/163