On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 11:41 AM, Florin Iucha <florin at iucha.net> wrote:
> I meant any other options to the poll.
>
> Why do you people suggest alternative voting systems when we have a
> very good system in place?  Send in your ballot and everybody can see
> it and count it.  How do you propose to insure that google docs does
> not let somebody to stuff extra votes in or change existing votes?

GoogleDocs has a history of the edits. We can run the table against
the subscription list (I mean the subscribers to tclug mailing list)
to remove the votes of non-list members. Also, GoogleDoc document can
be shared (with or without editing rights), so everything will be
transparent.

Any other objection, besides that all of us should write their own
scripts to scrape trough emails, and grep for votes? I do not feel
prepared for such a thing, neither have a time.

But ... whatever the group decides.

Let's make first a poll which method should be used for polling :)

Cheers

--
Svetoslav Milenov (Sunny)

Even the most advanced equipment in the hands of the ignorant is just
a pile of scrap.