>>> Florin Iucha <florin at iucha.net> 10/8/2008 12:12 PM >>>
>>On Wed, Oct 08, 2008 at 11:12:52AM -0500, Troy.A Johnson wrote:
>> With all due respect to my fellow TCLUGers, I have no want
>> to change TCLUG into an all-GNU groupie group. If you do decide
>> to recreate TCLUG in this way, I will try to find another group
>> that:
>Please show more respect than reciting the old cliché and tell us
>which of the three above options changes TCLUG in all-GNU grupie
group
>and how?
RMS says "I'll meet you if you change your name" and some of us seem
to fall all over ourselves organizing a way to do it. Please excuse me
if
I do not feel this worthy of much respect. Will we be removing the
'GNU'
if we get an offer from Linus later on? Can we add other prefixes if
the
person requesting them is really, really respected by most people on
the list?

I respect your devotion to RMS and his contribution to the
world of free software. Where is your respect for people who do not
agree with you on this topic, and on this list? Out the window, it
seems,
in a rush to slap the GNU label on the whole group.

>> 1) Hasn't decided that GPL and LGPL are the "one, no, two true
>>   licenses", so much so that they incorporate it into their name.
>What part of the proposal has anything to do with GPL or LGPL?
Please forgive me. I am sure I am the only person in the universe that
will recognize any association between GNU and those licenses.

>> 2) Isn't so obviously and hopelessly devoted to one mans cult
>>   of personality.
>Again, there is no proposal (to my knowledge) to change the name to
>"RMS's friends" or its ilk.
Again, RMS says jump. So, now we organize a vote for "how high".
That may not be the way we all see this, but that is how it looks to
me.
*shrug*
My 2 (or more) cents.

Troy