On Wed, 8 Oct 2008 13:01:41 -0500 (CDT), "Mike Miller"
<mbmiller at taxa.epi.umn.edu> said:
> I think we should either limit ourselves to two choices (probably the
> first two) or we should use ranks with a Condorcet system like ranked
> pairs:

It seems to me that while we've heard a lot of heated opinions, there
hasn't been any kind of organized debate on the merits of a name change
(not saying there hasn't been some valuable arguments). Prior to doing
any kind of vote, I move that a new topic be started.
The purpose of this topic is for each person, who has a relevant
argument, to present it. I also suggest that each person who wants to
say something only submit one email stating their arguments.
That way we have a collection of the arguments for and against a name
change that can be easily compiled and read by those who wish to make an
informed decision.