On Wed, 8 Oct 2008, Jima wrote:

>  Is there any purpose that making the group more official would serve?
>  Do we really need administrative overhead that people are just going
> to get tired of doing?

If you have an administration, then people can take turns doing the work,
maybe on an annual rotating basis, and they can get credit for doing good
things.  You wouldn't want lifetime appointments because that would
certainly lead to burnout.  Annual elections would be the way to go.  Of
course, you would then need a good way to do voting.

I am *seriously* interested in developing good, web-based software for
rank-based voting (that is, if there are more than two options, the
options are ranked).  I already have developed some software for analyzing
the ranks to decide winners.  If anyone else is interested in this, please
let me know.

Mike