Seems irrelevant to the original topic, but I'd like to find a database or catalogging tool that will read CDs and DVDs and put the
basic info into a database.  Best if it allows (better if it knows) keeping separate databases for CDs and DVDs.  I don't care if it
goes to the web for info, but I want it to read the basic title and ISBN or whatever from the disc when it's inserted.  Some under
XP for CDs have a convenient feature to tag a CD as "on loan" and make a comment for "to whom" etc.  Anything free for DVDs under
Linux or GNU or even Windoze?

Chuck