swede wrote:
> And not that it will change my vote, but if it becomes TCGLUG will I
> still be able to ask questions about non GNU software and expect a
> polite answer?

  Wait, are you implying that you're gotten polite answers here before?
  Are we talking about the same mailing list?

  Joking aside, people have always (for varying definitions of "always")
asked "off-topic" (that is, non-Linux-related) questions, with various
amounts of politeness coming back to them.  Defining our list/group as a
GNU/Linux-centric list doesn't, to me, exclude non-GNU software from our
discussions.  It just serves as a reminder/acknowledgment of where a lot
of the "Linux" core (like, say, coreutils!) originates from.
  And even if it did exclude non-GNU software somehow, hell, people have
asked Windows questions on this list and lived to see the next day.

  (FWIW, my general test for "is this off-topic software?" has always
been "will it compile under Linux?"  Although I should probably say
GNU/Linux there, because I think we all know where GCC comes from.)

      Jima

who's not looking to start a tangent on ICC