The signal to noise ratio is very high on the name change.  I've tried
to follow the arguments and until now have passively let the community
discuss(?) the issue.

The passion on both sides is actually refreshing. It's been a long time
since I've seen the community moved to such great emotional out bursts.
The last time I think this happened was the yahoo.com ban? :-)

But I'm also disheartened that a compromise wasn't found.

Would an acceptable compromise be to have both TCLUG and TCGLUG.

We've done something like this before. From our ancient days we had:

	[redhat|debian|slackware]-users groups.

Remember those?

Eventually they all collapsed in our present day TCLUG. But at one time
the "code" did "fork".

Why not try splitting the community again?

Maybe competition from TCGLUG will put some spark back into TCLUG and
www.tclug.org's old, stale web site might get re-worked. Or maybe
TCGLUG will absorb TCLUG? Having both should keep everyone(?) almost
happy.

Comments?

Seems like the first step is for someone to snarf the domain.

$ jwhois tcglug.org
[Querying whois.publicinterestregistry.net]
[whois.publicinterestregistry.net]
NOT FOUND

I'll offer free mailing lists, web space, etc, for the tcglug just like
tclug. Or you can put it on one of the free hosted services (google
groups?)

Thanks for your time.

--
Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com>          | Phone : (952 943-8700