I've been running a Gentoo box for a number of years now running a few
domains off if it for myself and a few friends. I've been doing all the
administration for BIND/Apache/Sendmail by hand.

I'm looking to retire the hardware its on and possibly move the sites out
of their current location.

I'm looking at Slicehost as a place to get a decent priced VPS that can
run any number of pre-configured distros.

On top of this I'm also thinking about playing around with ISPconfig as it
looks like a decent free alternative to CPanel.

I want to get away from having to do all the admin work for my friends
when they want to change a DNS entry or add a new email addy.

Just wondering if anyone has done something similar for personal use? If
so any recommendations

Thanks,
Adam