On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 1:45 PM, Smith, Craig A <Craig.A.Smith at honeywell.com
> wrote:

>  I'm running Debian stable.  Everything is working fine but there's little
> free disk space remaining.  How can I migrate everything to a larger disk?
> Ideally, this would include all programs, configuration files, user's data,
> crontab's, etc.  I want to avoid reinstalling/configuring all the running
> services.

I've used this guide http://www.nilbus.com/linux/disk-copy.php before to
copy a lot of windows installs to larger disks.  I think I have used it to
copy my mythtv install to a larger disk too - can't remember though as it
was quite a long time ago...

Has worked well for me.  Sometimes I use dd-rescue (dd_rescue or ddrescue
depending) instead of the dd command when copying the individual partitions
- dd_rescue shows some output so you know how fast it's copying and if it
has any problems along the way.