On Tue, 21 Oct 2008, Elvedin Trnjanin wrote:

> I was under the impression that non-free software was immoral because
> anything that takes away your rights is considered immoral. Doesn't
> matter if you agree to it, it's just a matter-of-fact.
>
> Is that not so?

Now that I've seen his talk, I can tell you that his moral focus is on the
developers, not on the customers.  I'm sure he thinks that it is morally
superior to promote free software by using it, but the bigger moral issue
is with the licenser, not the licensee.

So yes, I think you are right.  It is also good not to agree to have your
rights taken away.  But he did say, emphatically, that it is better to
violate the license by giving copies to friends who request them than to
honor the license that you shouldn't have agreed to in the first place.

Mike