On Wed, 22 Oct 2008, Adam Monsen wrote:

> On Tue, 2008-10-21 at 17:03 -0500, benjamin gramlich wrote:
>
>> But have you?
>
> This is irrelevant. The question is, do you have the ability to? If not,
> you might be locked into using a particular mechanic.

Reminder on topic:  This is about cars with hoods welded shut.  Does it
make a difference to a user who would never open the hood to work on his
engine because he doesn't know how?

My answer is like Adam's answer.  Even if you don't know how to work on an
engine, you will want to be able to hire someone of your choice to work on
your car for normal maintenance and you might also want to be able to hire
someone to improve on your engine by replacing certain parts.  You need to
get under the hood to do things like put in a car stereo.  You really do
not want to be locked out of your car's engine compartment.

   --

By the way (and please please create a new thread if you want to reply to
this), my favorite Candid Camera segment of all time was one from the

Mike