On Tue, 28 Oct 2008, Jima wrote:

> Paul Cutler wrote:
>> And they're local!
>
>  Not only local, but historically they've been supportive to TCLUG.
> They hosted an installfest at their office in December of 2001, and
> Jeremy White has given at least one talk on Wine (err, ABOUT Wine) at a
> LUG meeting.  Oh, apparently three, if our site is any indication
> (2001-12-01, 2002-09-07, 2007-11-07).
>  Poor guys.  Looks like they're getting slaughtered today.

Yep.  Reddit effect.  Someone once posted a web page of mine on Reddit.
It got up to #4 and I had 18,000 visitors in one day, but I didn't have
much to offer -- no $40 discount!

I'm not clear on how this will work.  They are putting their installation
programs ("fully unlocked builds") up for free today, but they ask for an
email address for sending a serial number:

http://down.codeweavers.com/

I don't know what the serial number is for on a "fully unlocked" build and
I don't know what restrictions that serial number implies.

Mike