Re: (ASCEND) speeding up callback

> We're running CLID based callback with a max4000 and various equipment
> on the other side. It works just fine.
> In terms of speed, we've got one dial-on-demand session going out from
> the max4000 to a remote Pipeline 75 (direct call, PAP auth.) and the
> connection comes up within around one second.

Hm... that's not what I am seeing here, at least, as far as
incoming connections to our Max is concerned. It takes about 3
seconds on average for a Pipeline (or indeed any ISDN customer)
dialing into our max to get a session up.

Haven't run a debug on it yet to see if there's some sort of
glitch in the ppp handshake, but I would guess that, at least
over here in the Netherlands, 1sec connect times are just
unfeasible.

--
Michiel Boland <boland@diva.nl>
Digital Valley Internet Professionals