Re: (ASCEND) speeding up callback

In article <3480721B.4D5CC917@mpimf-heidelberg.mpg.de> you wrote:

>Sure I tried CallerID=Prefer. No change, i.e. it authenticates via CHAP.
>With CallerID=Require it won't authenticate at all. All numbers are
>correct, though.
>Other users in Germany have complained earlier that D-channel signaling
>does not work here using a MAX (-kann das jemand bestaetigen?-)

We're running CLID based callback with a max4000 and various equipment
on the other side. It works just fine.
In terms of speed, we've got one dial-on-demand session going out from
the max4000 to a remote Pipeline 75 (direct call, PAP auth.) and the
connection comes up within around one second.
I'd estimate that the callback procedure takes about 1-2 seconds on
top of that, so that's about a 2-3 second total.

--
Oliver J. Albrecht <olli@allcon.net>

AllCon GmbH         Lise Meitner Str. 2        D-24941 Flensburg
EMail: allcon@allcon.net     Tel: +49 461 9992-162     Fax: -165