Re: (ASCEND) Stable pipe 50 release?

1) I had trouble with my firewall on 5.1 and 5.1Ap1 that i didn't have on
5.0Ap23. After many hours on the phone with tech support and a replaced
unit, i have been advised not to alter a firewall while the firewall profile
is active.  Supposedly this is due to the fact that 5.1 uses a lot more
memory than 5.0.   bi.p50_5.1A looks smaller than b.p50_5.0A on the FTP site
but i'm not Ascend Certified yet so i don't really know.

2) incrementing CRC errors suddenly appear on the WAN session stats on my
MAX 4004 shortly after i upgraded a few pipelines to 5.1A. I had upgraded
about 6 pipelines but 2 of  them produced incrimenting CRC errors every time
they dialed into the MAX. upgrading them both to 5.1Ap2 which was the latest
code at the time fixed that issue.

I'm using IP only code and i don't use bridging, NAT, DHCP, or any other
fany stuff. once i dial (with callback) my pipeline routes and stays online
for days at a time.

If your needs are similar to mine, 5.1Ap4 was issue free as far as i could
see and i'm testing  5.1Ap6. use one of these two.

Leon McCalla