Re: (ASCEND) Random momentary routing failures

this is probably not what is happening but check to make sure that it isn't.
make sure that pools only is set to yes. If someone dials in and decides to
grab the IP of your default gateway or your ethernet interface, you will be
screwed. that won't explain the frame relay profiles switching but its worth
a shot to begin with.

Twice in one day i lost the ethernet interface of a max at a remote pop.
there were no errors or dropped calls but the message log did show dial in
attempts during the outage so setting pools only = yes stopped that from
re-occuring.

try to issolate exactly what is in common with the things that are going
down. things like "is your external CSU/DSU connected to the same UPS as the
hub?"

I might just be writing crap but i am interested in knowing how you resolve
this issue. it may help me in diagnosing a similar problem in the future.

Leon McCalla