(ASCEND) Max 4000 and IBM 2210

Did any of you has tried to connect a Max 4000 (5.0Ap16) and an IBM 2210 ?
Our Max connects happily to P50s, Cisco 25xx, but I could not establish a connexion with
an IBM 2210 (the Max receive the call, but connexion aborts quickly :
       Ascend-Disconnect-Cause = 185
        Ascend-Connect-Progress = 75
is there any special config to be done on the 2210 side ?
are there any known interoperabiltiy problems with the IBM 2210 ?
is there any mean to trace the messages exchanged between the Max and the other side ?
(like the debug command in Cisco IOS)

Any information welcome

PS : seems like p36 is the long awaited stable version which could replace p16 ??
        I shall wait a couple of days before trying it.

Gérard Cany
Symphonie - MNet
Parc Technologique de la Pompignane
34 055 Montpellier Cedex 1