Re: (ASCEND) Getting USR Sportsters to behave...

On Thu, 11 Dec 1997, Jim Howard wrote:

  : The problem that my users were reporting, using
  : whatever version of the sportster 33.6 (both internal and external)
  : that support being upgraded to X2, but that had not been upgraded,
  : was that connections would start fine, they could transfer small
  : ammounts of data, email or text based web pages, but if they
  : started viewing lots of graphics, the connection would start
  : getting slower and slower until no data was being passed at all.
  :
  : This problem no longer exists in 5.0ap36 for any of the

I had a couple of users using USR 56K (both internal/external) that the
same thing was happening on 5.0Ap11 and 5.0Ap36.  A trip to www.3com.com
for updated USR drivers fixed their problem.

- Del