Re: (ASCEND) ISDN Sig Not Inst

On Fri, 5 Dec 1997, Cliff Daniel wrote:

  : Call tech support and explain the situation.  Brute force will get the the
  : proper hash codes to enable this.
  :
  : Cliff Daniel
  : Erol's Internet

If you're Erols maybe...

 A call to tech support got me a transfer to Order Administration which
got me a transfer to PreSales which got me a referral to an area reseller
whose contact was out for the day.  I had to explain what an Ascend Max
was to the other sales person there (Ascend MX? she asked).  Another call
to presales got me a referral to DataComm who couldn't find MXHP-SP-HA60
or anything close.  A third call to PreSales got me a $1500 List Price for
the software(hash codes)  and regardless of whether I went through Ascend
or a Reseller it may take up to 48 hours.  So tomorrow -- the one day this
week that I would have had time to take care of all this -- all I'll be
able to do is Ping the damned thing while I wait on Monday to roll around
so I can find someone who can sell me the software at VAR prices. And
THEN!!!!!  wait another 48 hours........

So.......

Dear Ascend,
I really like your product.  It has worked really well for me since I
bought my first pipeline 1 year ago this month and my first 4048 in July.
I have one request -- Please don't ship me any more free crap without
asking me if (or warning me that) I want to buy something to make it
work first.

Thanks,

- Del Hines
Cyberback Internet