Re: (ASCEND) Couple of stupid questions

> I have a similar question.  There's two options in the listing that I
> don't know what they are.

There are no "stupid questions" but I would recommend you learn to help
yourself whenever possible.

The first places to go when you have a question is the manual and the FAQs.

WWW is your friend.  Check out the Ascend home page <http://www.ascend.com>
You should be able to see a "Find" icon - http://www.ascend.com/1079.html

> One of them is "PRI<->T1" and the other is "Dual Slot T1"

Looking up "Dual Slot" quickly showed:

 - Dual Slot T1 - means absolutely nothing to the Max2000.
   [http://www.ascend.com/faqs/6/643-faq.html]
 - You may need hash codes for "Dual Slot T1." (To re-enable all 4 T1 ports.)
   [http://www.ascend.com/faqs/3/201-faq.html]

Basically, the 2000 only has 1 T1/PRI ports, so the option has no meaning.
On the 4000, the option is required to enable all 4 T1/PRI ports.

Looking up "PRI<->T1" quickly showed:

 - Indicates if the PRI to T1 signalling option is installed.  This is used
   for PBX support.
   [MAX 4000 T1/PRI Reference Guide]

If you are wanting to receive digital calls then the option you are concerned
about is the "Data Call" system option.

> Also under sys options, it says "dyn bnd" (dynamic bandwidth?) not
> installed.  Do I need to have this option in order to take MP calls (for
> 128K ISDN calls, for example)?

Since there are no "dynamic bandwidth" options in the Multilink Protocol RFC
(RFC 1990) it will not affect your ability to take MP calls.

> Finally, what hopefully will be my last stupid question, my (K56) digital
> modems don't have any "modem diag" menu like it talks about in the RUBB.

All modem cards, both the older V.34 modules and the new K56Flex modules
will show up in the "Main Edit Menu".  For example: "50-000 V.34 Modem-12"
or "60-000 K56 Modem-16".  If the security profile you are using has the
necessary privileges you will be able to find the "Modem Diag" menu beneath it.