(ASCEND) Re: TNT and ISDN

>Our TNT recently arrived and I am undergoing prelim testing on it.  I am
>having a hard time getting and ISDN connections up and running.  I have 3
>PRI lines installed right now.  Any 56KFLEX connections are answering and
>working fine.  However, when I dial with ISDN the tnt shows Far End Hung
>Up, but the Far End reports that the line is busy.

FWIW, here's one of my PRI configs (Pacific Bell-land):

admin> list line
enabled = yes
frame-type = esf
encoding = b8zs
clock-source = eligible
clock-priority = high-priority
signaling-mode = isdn
robbed-bit-mode = wink-start
default-call-type = digital
switch-type = nti-pri
nfas-group-id = 0
nfas-id = 0
call-by-call = 0
data-sense = normal
idle-mode = flag-idle
FDL = none
front-end-type = dsx
DSX-line-length = 1-133
CSU-build-out = 0-db
channel-config = [ { switched-channel 4 "" { any-shelf any-slot 0 } 0 } {
switc+
maintenance-state = no
sendDisc-val = 0
admin>

Make sure the PRIs have higher clock-priority than any other T1s. I can't
recall why, but it's key. Anyone?

>Do I need to setup any call-routing for the ISDN calls?  It sounds like it
>may be that the calls are getting routed to K56FLEX modem card.

No call-routing here:

channel-config[1] = { switched-channel 4 "" { any-shelf any-slot 0 } 0 }
channel-config[2] = { switched-channel 4 "" { any-shelf any-slot 0 } 0 }
...etc...
channel-config[23] = { switched-channel 4 "" { any-shelf any-slot 0 } 0 }
channel-config[24] = { d-channel 0 "" { any-shelf any-slot 0 } 0 }

>I am running 1.3Ap5.

I'm running 1.3Ap16, why was pulled but works fine for me. You might try
1.3Ap6, but I doubt the rev. is causing your problem. We were up fine under
1.2something.

Hope this helps.

Peter Lalor
Infoasis