Re: (ASCEND) 6.0 Beta drops Frame Links:

At 05:29 PM 12/10/97 -0500, Tim Connolly wrote:
>    I have been using 6.0b1 locally and by mistake loaded it on a
>remote 4004/56 also. Yesterday the T1 dropped and never returned.
>I ended up having to drive to the site only to find everything looking
>normal other than the FR-link was not active. I did a soft-reset using
>System->Sys Diag-> Sys Reset
>and everything came back normally. I immediately reloaded 5.0aAp36.
>Any ideas or explanations ? It was suggested that the incrementals
>have problems with FR, but I assumed 6.0 would have fixed this....
>Assumed being the key word....
>
>    Any help is appreciated! Thanks - Tim

To Tim and anyone else who hasn't got the message. 6.0 is in *early* beta
now. There are several known problems and you should not run it on
production Maxen.

The intention of this early beta is not to test stability. It is to try out
*new* features to see if they meet your functional needs.

Of course we are also interested in hearing about your instability problems
and encourage you to report them to support@ascend.com or your local Ascend
rep.

Matt Holdrege		http://www.ascend.com	matt@ascend.com