Re: (ASCEND) What good is Ascends Access Control??

Well for one thing it's officially supported product as oppose to the
free-ware
version....

It is being "cleaned up" too as compared to the Ascend free version which has
many Ascend proprietary extensions. With AAC we are moving toward the letter
of the spec/RFC with vendor extensions being handled within the vendor
specific
attributes.

At 02:41 PM 12/11/97 -1000, David Langford wrote:

>Just wondering if anyone has had much experience with Ascend's Access Control
>product. I looked it over and could not figure out why I might spend money
>on it versus using any other Radius software.
>
>The only added feature that I can see (which is actually what is making me
>take a look) is the Proxy and VPN additions.
>
>I am curious if anyone here has moved from using any other Radius package
>to the Ascend Access Control product, how you liked it and if you
>thought the move was worth the investment.
>
>Thanks,
>
>David Langford
>langfod@dihelix.com
>++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++