(ASCEND) Directed Broadcasts

Hi,

broadcast pings to the directed broadcast address of a network seem
to be a new beloved toy of the Bad Guys out there on the net. We've
seen extraordinairy amounts of traffic produced this way for some
customers who were attacked, and the customers are really not amused
(we do volume oriented accounting). I know I could set a filter to
drop traffic to the directed broadcast address but IMHO this should
better be a nice little and simple

 Feature Request:

Add an Option to Ethernet/Mod Config/Ether Options
named Directed Bcast
with values Yes or No. If set to Yes, the Ascend box behaves as
former. If set to No, it will not explode Directed Broadcasts on
this Ethernet Interface.

Pros ? Cons ?

Pro #1: Cisco has it ;)

--

Kanther-Line: PGP SSH IDEA MD5 GOST RIPE-MD160 3DES RSA FEAL32 RC4

| o |               \\\- Brain Inside -///                   | o |
| o | Andre' Beck (ABPSoft) beck@ibh-dd.de XLink PoP Dresden | o |