Re: (ASCEND) Pipeline Filters

> I'm trying to setup some filters on the pipeline. Just for testing, I
> did this:
>
> (...IP filter specified...)

> and applied it to the Ethernet. But there seems to be a problem with
> arp, when I try to ping a machine that is connected to the Ethernet,
> the p130 is not able to find the MAC address for that machine:
>

> ascend% sh arp
>
> IP Address       Hardware Address   Type     Interface  RefCount
> 10.0.20.1        ?????????????????  Pending  ie0               1
>

> and because of that I don't have any access to it. What's really
> strange is that the filter above should allow anything to pass.

Um, ARP is not an IP protocol, and needs to be allowed on the ethernet
interface.  I did the same thing the first time I installed an
ethernet filter.  You need to use a generic 'allow all' filter.

--------
Dave McCracken		WHAM Engineering and Software
dmc@wham.com		9020-II Capital of Texas Highway N, Suite 575
512 345-9925		Austin, TX 78759-7232